Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sock Monkey Party - Decorations

Sock monkey party continued! I wanted the house to be decorated with a mixture of sock monkey items and baby-specific items. In the end, my decorations included balloons, sock monkey stuffed animals, a banner of E's pictures months 0-12, baby faces with party hats hung about the home, crepe paper, and flowers. Here are some examples.

I decorated the high chair with tissue paper pom poms. I made the party hat using this tutorial. Both were easy to do and turned out so cute!



Other guests wore sock monkey party hats I got from this site. I also got the napkins, plates, and cups from there. Pretty reasonably priced (comparable to Party City) and super cute. I also stuck E's hat from the invitation photo shoot on a decanter. Had to use it somehow!



The baby faces turned out the cutest, in my opinion. I printed pictures of her from all ages on cardstock and cut around the heads. I bought patterned scrapbook paper for the hats, and a big bag of multi-colored poms for the tops. For the ruffles, I bought about a yard of white cotton fabric and ruffled it on a sewing machine. I then cut it to length and hot glued it at the bottom of each hat.



I had taken a picture of E on each month's birthday laying on a giraffe rug. For this banner, I put each picture on alternating red and brown polka dot backgrounds and printed 6x8s of them. I then strung them on curling ribbon to hang them up. Luckily, Happy Birthday has exactly 13 letters, so I printed out the letters on cardstock and cut them out to hang underneath.

The white letters with red polka dots didn't photograph well, but looked good in person!

I also made a balloon wreath! I considered doing just cream, red, and white balloons to go with the theme, but I decided to do multicolored ones so I could use the wreath for every birthday. Thank goodness, because this took awhile! I attached a monkey-themed sign with a pipe cleaner.



A few other random decorations. Polka dot streamers, polka dot balloons, and a fireplace filled with balloons!



No comments:

Post a Comment